Premier Staffing Source, Inc. is seeking Certified Peer Recovery Specialists in New Castle, DE. The peer specialist serves as an integral part of our client’s team that provides an array of services to individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues.
• Acts as an advocate for the individual
• Provides emotional and psychological support to individuals with mental illness, substance use disorders and /or co-occurring disorders
• Maintain contact with the individual and follows through with linkages to applicable community resources
• May conduct periodic well-being home visits and/or phone calls for a specific time through phone calls, emails, and/or visits as determined in the treatment plan
• May work as part of a mobile team to support individuals recently released from incarceration
• Provide brief intervention, support and guidance to the next applicable level of care and/or assist with the attainment of eligible benefits
• May facilitate peer support groups with Peer Coordinator.
• Provide support to families of the consumer
• Maintain progress notes and provide timely and accurate documentation that meets requirements
• Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and lived experiences
• Develops collaborative partnerships with community organizations
• Able to work independently and as a team member
• Serves as a positive role model for the consumer
• Maintain boundaries with the service population to determine risk and safety while balancing the best interest of the consumer
• A minimum of a high school diploma or GED; some college preferred
• Must have current Peer Certification
• The candidate shall self-identify as it relates to behavioral health and related challenges.