Since 1985 Brandywine Counseling & Community Services, Inc. (BCCS) has be a trusted provider of outstanding substance abuse and behavioral health treatment. BCCS is a community organization that prides itself on helping members of our community recover with dignity. We enhance the quality of life by creatively providing Education, Advocacy, Prevention, Early Intervention and Treatment Services. We promote hope and empowerment to persons and families touched by mental illness, substance abuse, HIV and multiple occurring diagnoses, and their related challenges.
BCCS is currently seeking a COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST. The Engagement Specialist is primarily responsible for participating in assessment, evaluation, brief intervention screening, planning, referrals, linkages, monitoring, advocacy and treatment of assigned clients. The Engagement Specialist works with and/or within outside organizations to engage and then link assigned clients to appropriate care and treatment. The Engagement Specialist is responsible for providing quality, sufficient and appropriate services and for maintaining high professional standards.
• Comply with all BCCS policies and procedures.
• Assist with intake process.
• Administer various testing and evaluation protocols to potential clients and explains the nature of the program and the necessary rules.
• Make necessary and appropriate referrals,
• Provide information, linkage, follow-up, monitoring and referral services in community to all appropriate agencies, may include transportation.
• Contact client within 48 hours after referral is received.
• Evaluate assigned clients and formulates treatment plan goals in consultation with the Clinical Supervisor.
• Confer with the Clinical Supervisor on a daily basis for casing.
• Meet with assigned clients as required to formulate and carry out therapeutic goals.
• Meet with the Clinical Supervisor on a weekly basis and as needed.
• Maintain appropriate written records.
• Provide outreach activities to community, offering education programs to various groups as assigned by the Manager of Staff Development and Training.
• Coordinate services outside BCCS.
• Participate in individual and group supervision.
• Participate in BCCS committee, subcommittees and meetings.
• Transport clients to appointments in community and BCCS appointments.
• Assist clients in obtaining admission and related benefits.
• Participate in staff meetings, trainings and other office related duties.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Must attain peer certification as soon as eligible
• Must have High School Diploma or GED
• Work hours: 6am-2pm Mon-Fri
• At least 2 years in related field experience in substance abuse or mental health as a peer
• Must meet the company's requirement for driving on company business including a valid driver's license, and a driving record with no more than two points accrued.
To apply please visit the Careers portion of our website www.brandywinecounseling.com/job-opportunities