Picture Yourself At Gaudenzia as our Licensed Therapist at our Claymont Pregnant & Parenting Women's Program!
Newly renovated facility!
High Level of Care Program (Co-Occuring Disorders & Substance Use Disorder)
We are offering a sign on bonus.
We need hope-bringers and changemakers — because the work we all do matters. If you’re passionate about making an impact with your time and being someone’s light in the darkness, we want you on our team.
Come Join Us to Do Mission-Based, Meaningful Work
Who We Are
Gaudenzia is one of the largest nonprofit providers of treatment to people with substance use and co-occurring disorders in the nation. We operate in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
Our caring, compassionate team is on a mission to save thousands of lives each year and bring hope to people devastated by substance use disorder. Together, we help individuals, families, and communities heal and thrive in the face of one of the most devastating public health crises of our time.
As our organization grows and evolves to meet the needs of our clients and communities, we’re seeking passionate, empathic individuals to help us make an impact. With your help, we can turn the tide on substance use disorder.
Who We’re Looking For
A successful Counselor enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds and doesn’t shy away from honest and caring — yet sometimes difficult — conversations. This position is for you if you’re able to treat others with dignity, compassion, and respect, even in life’s most challenging moments.
Benefits & Perks:
Gaudenzia is a diverse, inclusive workplace where purpose-driven people thrive. We think our team members are real heroes, and we believe those who devote their lives to making the world a better place deserve competitive salaries, generous health benefits, and unbeatable work-life balance in return.
Benefits & Perks at Gaudenzia include:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance (At No Cost)
• Short-Term Disability Insurance (At No Cost)
• Life Insurance (At No Cost)
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (At No
• Vision Insurance
• Various Supplemental Benefits (Aflac, Legal, Identity
Theft & FSA)
• You generate two banks of time off: Personal and
o Paid Time Off (PTO) Accruals at 80 hours minimally
during your 1st year of employment
o Vacation Accruals at 80 hours minimally during your
1st year of employment
• 10 Paid Holidays Per Calendar Year
• Paid Bereavement Leave
• Education Assistance Benefit (Tuition Reimbursement)
• Full reimbursement for the cost of professional
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with an Employer Match Up to 5%
• Employee Assistance Program
Gaudenzia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not practice or permit discrimination based on race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, creed, disability, or veteran’s status.
Your responsibilities in this role may include:
• Be responsible for a caseload of clients, as identified by
program requirements and in accordance with state
• Complete required evaluations and assessments,
including screening, intake, clinical assessments, ASAM
and biopsychosocial histories.
• Compete individual treatment plans upon client's
• Document all clinical services and interventions
performed within the client's electronic health record and
complete monthly treatment reports.
• Maintain accurate electronic health records on each
client and ensure the timely completion of tasks, within
24 hours of service deliver, no later than 72 hours of
• Conduct individual and group sessions based on client's
treatment plan goals and level of care.
• Participating in funding source reviews and make
recommendations for treatment and lengths of stay.
• Monitor client progress and adjust treatment plans as
• Coordinate with agency and community resources to
ensure a through treatment plan.
• Assist clients with developing a discharge/continuing
• Follow up with clients after discharge based on r
regulatory guidelines until they have been established
with other case management/social services.
Delaware Education/ Licensure Requirements:
Counselor I: Must possess full certification as certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC) in the state of Delaware, or possess full certification by a nationally recognized body in addictions counseling, or possess at least five (5) years’ clinical experience working in the field of SUD treatment.
Counselor II: May be a student enrolled in a course of study while completing a practicum or internship; or be an individual working toward full certification in addictions counseling by the Delaware Certification Board or nationally recognized certification organization. Must receive one (1) hour of clinical supervision by clinical supervisor for every twenty (20) hours.
Apply at: https://www.gaudenzia.org/careers/
For questions, please contact Susan Rea, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at 215-985-2150 or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org