Become a part of the Brandywine Counseling and Community Services (BCCS) team as a Counselor. Since 1985 BCCS has helped members of our community recover with hope and self-respect, while improving their physical and mental health.
BCCS is a trusted and accessible community resource that transforms the way society responds to how people view the multiple dimensions of recovery. With integrity, we promote hope and empowerment to persons living with addiction, mental health, and HIV related challenges.
**This is a combined position. 40% of your time will be with our RISE Program that serves adolescents from 10 to 17 years of age. 60% of your time will be with our Intensive Outpatient (IOP) program that serves our adult population.
As a Counselor with BCCS, you will:
• Meet with assigned clients as required to formulate and carry out clinical goals.
• Assist with intake process prior to caseload assignment
• Conduct Addiction Severity Index (ASI) assessment if approved as an assessor.
o Evaluate assigned clients and formulate treatment plan goals in consultation with the Clinical Supervisor.
o Treats clients using individual, group and/or family counseling/education as indicated on the treatment plan.
o Meet with Case Manager and client to ensure coordinated referrals.
o Observes urine testing when necessary.
o Review contingency contracts.
o Maintain appropriate written records.
o Provide outreach and educational activities in the community as required.
o Comply with all BCCS policies and procedures.
o Confer with the Clinical Supervisor on a daily basis for casing.
o Maintain appropriate written records and make sure the chart is in accordance with the Joint Commission and meets Delaware licensure standards and CSAT criteria.
o Participate in case presentation at weekly meetings.
o Participate in staff meetings, trainings and other office related duties.
o Will be responsible for the Intensive Outpatient Level of Care (IOP). Groups are held 3x's weekly for a total of 9 hours a week. This role includes completing prior authorization and re-auth's with insurance providers.
o Will be responsible for the Adolescent Program (youth ages 10-17 yrs of age).
o Performs any other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science or related field
• 1 year experience working with the adolescent population
• 1 year experience in the Drug and Alcohol Field
• CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
The compensation package for this position includes:
• A competitive salary
• Group medical, and dental coverage with low employee costs
• 32 paid days off annually
• Tuition reimbursement, a retirement plan with a company match and much more!
To apply: www.brandywinecounseling.org/employment