Since 1985 Brandywine Counseling & Community Services, Inc. (BCCS) has be a trusted provider of outstanding substance abuse and behavioral health treatment. BCCS is a community organization that prides itself on helping members of our community recover with dignity. We enhance the quality of life by creatively providing Education, Advocacy, Prevention, Early Intervention and Treatment Services. We promote hope and empowerment to persons and families touched by mental illness, substance abuse, HIV and multiple occurring diagnoses, and their related challenges.
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday from 5am to 1pm at Newark OTP site.
The PEER RECOVERY SPECIALIST will educate and empower individuals by assisting them in developing a strong, stable recovery support system. The Recovery specialist will do this by assisting individuals with self-care and self-awareness, encouragement and support, teaching coping skills and teaching the positive benefits of long-term recovery. The Peer Recovery Specialist is responsible for providing quality, sufficient and appropriate services and for maintaining high professional standards.
• Supports clients in building social skills in the community that will enhance job acquisition.
• Models effective coping techniques and self-help strategies.
• Performs all other duties as assigned by the Peer Recovery Supervisor.
• Supports clients in articulating personal goals for recovery and wellness and the objectives necessary to reach his or her recovery and wellness goals.
• Teaches clients how to facilitate their recovery
• Teaches clients techniques for identifying and combatting negative self-talk, identifying, and overcoming fears.
• Teaches and role models the value of every individual’s recovery experience.
• Utilizes and teaches problem-solving techniques with individuals and groups.
• Completes wellness plans- makes appropriate referrals to outside agencies
• Must attain peer certification as soon as eligible
• Must have High School Diploma or GED
• Work hours: 6am-2pm Mon-Fri
• At least 2 years in related field experience in substance abuse or mental health as a peer
• Must meet the company's requirement for driving on company business including a valid driver's license, and a driving record with no more than two points accrued.
To apply please visit the Careers portion of our website www.brandywinecounseling.com/job-opportunities