Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application and see if you could be a great fit!
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
· Company funded HSA
· Monthly Gym Allowance
· Paid parental leave – all parents included!
· Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
· Generous 401k match
· Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
· Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
· Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays
Overview of the Peer Recovery Specialist
The Peer Recovery Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide ongoing support to members enrolled in Wayspring’s Recovery Solution program. This role will serve as a guide to individuals working towards long term recovery by mentoring them through their treatment program. Once matched with an appropriate member, the Peer Recovery Specialist will activate their care plan to ensure that members are engaged in prescribed treatment. In addition, the Peer Recovery Specialist will ensure that members are connected to essential community support resources (i.e., housing, transportation, etc.) to enhance retention and increase the likelihood of maintaining long term recovery.
Our ideal candidate would have experience as a recovery or peer “coach,” and direct mentoring of individuals engaged in treatment for Substance Use Disorder. Strong organizational and communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to quickly identify problems and act to minimize the likelihood of adverse clinical outcomes.
Responsibilities for the Peer Recovery Specialist
· Within 24 hours of matching, establish connection with assigned member
· Maintain members’ Care Contingency Plans and if necessary, execute the plan at the direction of the Recovery Partner
· Provide continuous peer support and mentorship to individuals enrolled in Wayspring’s Recovery Solution program
· Establish and foster relationships with local treatment facilities (inpatient, residential, IOP/PHP, outpatient, MAT, etc.)
· Establish and foster relationships with community resources (12-step meetings, transportation, housing, financial, etc.), and connect members when appropriate
· Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
Peer Recovery Specialist Requirements
· Minimum of three years in active recovery from substance use disorder
· Access to a car, and an active driver’s license
· If applicable and required, current and active licensure as a peer/recovery “coach”
· Evidence of completion of a Wayspring-approved peer specialist training program
· Strong customer service orientation, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting
· A belief that the status quo can be improved upon
· A desire for process improvement, problem solving, and results
· An appetite for learning and self-improvement
· Startup experience within healthcare and/or IT setting is a plus